The Alter-G is a state of the art piece of therapy equipment that enables patients with all types of lower body injuries and ailments to rehabilitate in an altered state of gravity and decreased compression on the ankle, knee, hip and low back. The Alter-G is a unique treadmill that can un-weight you, allowing you to walk, run, or perform closed-chain exercises within the treadmill earlier in your rehab process than previously possible. In the alter-g Force therapists are able to decrease your body weight from 1-80% allowing patients to rehabilitate at a faster pace with less pain and a reduced risk of further injury.
Patients who benefit from incorporation of Alter G into therapy program include but are not limited to:
- Any injury or surgery on a lower extremity (hip, knee, ankle or foot)
- Rehab after total joint replacement of the hip, knee or ankle
- Gait training and strengthening for neurological patients
- Strengthening and conditioning in a fall-safe environment for elderly patients
- Weight-loss programs
- Injury prevention during sport specific conditioning and fitness improvement programs